Missing CSV Data Source in self hosted version

Issue Summary

I am new to this repo so I am so sure if this is a bug.
I successfully installed and ran Redash locally but the CSV Data Source is missing.1

As it is specified in the documentation I thought it might be a bug.

Technical details:

• Redash Version:
    5.0.0+b4754

• Browser/OS:
    Safari and Chrome
    MacOs

• How did you install Redash:
    Git Clone + Dockers for services

1 Like

I join 2 printscreen of the local data sources and the online data sources

The CSV data source we use in app.redash.io wasnā€™t open sourced as there is an alternative implementation in this pull request:

We will either merge #2478 soon or open source the simpler implementation we have soon to avoid this kind of confusion.

1 Like

Hi @arikfr,
do you have any news regarding the CSV data source for self hosted resdash (next version maybe)? I have seen the implementation in the new youtube video and wanted to share the feature within our team.

2 Likes

Just to add another voice to Robā€™s request. Same position here, we could really use the CSV data source on self hosted Redash, the video piqued my interest.

2 Likes

The CSV query runner isnā€™t part of our open source repo yet. But Iā€™ve received permission to open source it separately in this gist:

Thereā€™s a separate implementation in an open pull request on our open source repo which includes support for Excel files:

Either of these can work with Redash. We will eventually circulate the CSV query runner as part of the main repo, itā€™s just a low priority for now (three people expressed interest in the last two years).

2 Likes

Thank you! I will try it : )

Iā€™am interested in this. Best

Iā€™m interested to have excel datasource in open source version, please prioritize.