Error while loading webpages

Issue Summary

Several users at my company are “randomly” having this issue (see screenshot). When accessing our self-hosted redash, they see a “poor” version of the website.

I have noted that:

  • When it happens, console says Failed to load resource net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH
  • It lasts from 5 to 30 minutes and it dissapears without intervention.
  • It happens on all webpages (/, /dashboards, /queries, /admin, etc).
  • It starts affecting all users at the same time, but then some return to normal and others do not.

I am guessing it can be something at server level but since I lack server/arch experience (more of a data-geek :slight_smile: ) I do not know what to look for. Any clues on what might be happening?

Technical details:

  • Redash Version: 8.0.0+b32245
  • Browser/OS: Chrome, but it also happens on Safari.
  • How did you install Redash: self-hosted kubernetes. Hosted behind a proxy.

First things first - can you isolate the proxy as a possible cause - i.e. when it happens, can you point a browser directly at the host?

Your page is failing to load one of the various separate components (resources) that are required to render the page fully. In an ideal world you would know which component it is. Given the screenshot it looks like either a stylesheet or a javascript file.

If you hit F12 in your browser, go to the network tab and hit F5 (or refresh) you will see a list of all the various resources (html, stylesheets, scripts, images etc) being loaded.

Now click to the console tab and see if you can see the ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH with the name of the resource that is failing to load. It might be something like this: https://xx.xx.xx.xx/static/app.ac861d2893a6de72584c.css (I just grabbed a random one from my browser pointing at redash) - but post back here with the name of the resource.

Cheers,

Jon

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @JonDash
I tried connecting to other sites behind the proxy and had no issue whatsoever. I can also ping to the host with no problem.

When checking the console, I found this resource failing to load:
(…)/static/app.88ac1b6c8e87b2093dc8.css