I wanted to share here all the tricks I had to perform in order to switch my self hosted version (to avoid others to face same problems)
I was running the 8.0.2.b37747 version with LDAP
but switch to 9.0.0-beta.b42121 version was unsuccessful. Redeploy of the same version was failing.
So I give a try to preview version from an empty environment.
- No issues with install & upgrade commands
- Failures at run with exceptions with postgres connection: solved by adding the rule: SQLALCHEMY_ENABLE_POOL_PRE_PING: “true” (read here)
- once the applicaton stable I’ve applied the backup of the DB
- I had to manage the Postgres schema update on notification_destinations table (I removed the only entry I had from my backup)
New interface is great, and fullscreen button really useful.
2 bugs (but I don’t know if already raised),
the list of favorites dashboard / query is not completed: It seems that it only displays the stars of the first fetch and not the full list. I can raise an issue with screenshots if needed
the schema from the query creation page is endless spinning and does not answer anything (PG or Kusto data sources)
- Redash Version: 9.0.0-beta.b42121 (28/01/21)
- Browser/OS: Chrome v87
- How did you install Redash: Kubernetes 1.19.4 self hosted