Issue Summary

I do not see in the code or in the API how to create a new organization. Are all the API endpoints documented somewhere? What is the best way to create a new organization in a multi-org configuration?

Technical details:

• Redash Version: 5
  • Browser/OS: Chrome, Windows
  • How did you install Redash: AWS EC2 instance

I ended up creating a record in the organizations table and records in the groups table to replicate how the setup.py script does it in single-org mode.

After that, I could create everything else via the API or CLI

1 Like

Hey Adam,
How did you create the user?
I created the user and assign it to group but unable to login using ‘org_slug’

@hara5 I manually inserted the data using SQL statements. If you analyze the database tables for organization, group, and user after standing up a new instance, you will see entries in these tables that you need to mimic.

If I remember right, a single user could not log into multiple organizations.

Thanks @adamroderick.
If I put REDASH_MULTI_ORG config in env file and recreate container, if am getting 404 response while accessing redash.

Are you using org_slug in login URL while accessing other organizaiton account ?

same here, can’t login to redash after enabling REDASH_MULTI_ORG

couldn’t find any documentation about setting up a multi organisation

Guys, I discovered that once you enable REDASH_MULTI_ORG , the first one organization is called “default”, so to login you have to connect to:

https://URL/default/

Otherwise you get 404 error. If you create another organization, just to set the “slug” column, for example “foo”, and to login just simple use:

https://URL/foo/

and so on. I didn’t find a easy way to add organization. I need to add them using directly SQL.

2 Likes

Issue Summary

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it exist a better solution than manually to create organization.
I say that because I didn’t find in the UI or script about this.
The unique answer, that I found, it’s manually with this post

Can you help me please ?

Thanks for your answer

Technical details:

• Redash Version: 8.0.2+b37747
  • OS container: Debian 10
  • How did you install Redash: Docker
1 Like

Hi @Stristan, I merged your new topic with this one since they’re the exact same issue.

@drumbsd has the right idea to manually insert orgs onto the organizations table. If you want to automate this you could add a CLI command here (we’d definitely review a PR for this).

Creating a new org with SQLAlchemy is straightforward. You create a new models.Organization object and pass it the desired name, slug, and settings objects.

1 Like

Hello @jesse,

Ok I am going to check with the script Organization, but I think that I don’t understand how to use it :confused:

However, I am going to try with SQLAlchemy

Thank you for your answer and your rapidity :slight_smile:

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jesse Why is this functionality not built into the UI?

Because multi org has never been officially supported or documented. It’s a holdover from the days when we offered hosted Redash as a service.

[edit] Looking further it appears a PR might be forthcoming from the issue creator.

Okay. Hope it gets through ASAP.

The best way to assure this is to contribute, review etc :slight_smile: