Hey hey everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I posted a while ago in Features Request about an integration I would like to see making its way within the full version of Redash while I was still getting used to use the tool.

Coming from Google data Studio/Google Sheets, I found that I could hack my way around the software by connecting the tools I use to Google Sheets and integrating GS then into Redash. It’s all fun and game but being part of the Sales Enablement/Marketing industry, I feel like Redash could offer way more integrations that have the potential of converting a gigantic community into the polished and professional-looking tool that Redash is.

Simple integrations like Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Google Search Console, Google Calendar would I think make Redash not only a dashboard solution for engineers and data analysts but also for Technical Marketers which is in dire need of a solution like Redash.

So therefore, I looked around for some kind of roadmap and/or integrations suggestions but I could not find anything. Is there such a document/page laying around that one could refer to in order to see if Redash is heading towards a path where it will become more and more interesting for them or is the community blind as to what is coming up next? I for one would love to go into production mode for my Dashboards if I were to know for instance that more of a tools I use (Asana, Google Calendar, Google Search Console to name a few) may end up in a stable version of Redash in the next 12 months.

Thank you for your time,

PS: I was unsure in which category to post this topic so I’d be fine to repost it in another section of the forum if you think it’s a better idea.

1 Like

Hi, Redash was purchased by big data company Databricks back in June so I imagine their focus for the near future will be on integrating Redash with the other products in their suite.

That said, Redash is a tool primarily designed to visualise the results of SQL queries and so I’m not sure how well it would be suited to the data sources you mentioned. Redash itself is not a solution for storing or processing large amounts of data, it relies on a database platform to do that so my guess is you would need some sort of intermediary database like Google Bigquery or Snowflake to store all that data before you could use Redash to visualise it.

1 Like

@griffinator76 beat me to it. I actually wrote a response here a couple weeks ago and never submitted it (oops). See below:

I also support this! Development category seems like the right place. I don’t think there is a public road map though. Since Redash was acquired by Databricks in May it’s been pretty dead on the forum but I expect there will be better communication about this after Redash on Databricks (they announced it in May) is released.