Hi, I got the private address query issue and made some searches. I found ENFORCE_PRIVATE_ADDRESS_BLOCK / REDASH_ENFORCE_PRIVATE_ADDRESS_BLOCK, but even though I’ve put it in the “env” file or in the docker-compose.yml top environment section, I still get the error. Where exactly should I put this setting?

Thanks!

1 Like

how to make ENFORCE_PRIVATE_ADDRESS_BLOCK honoured when set in docker-compose.yml ?

any other way to enforce this to happen?

@michimau Can you say more about your issue? What is your desired behaviour? What steps have you followed?

@jesse if is state
ENFORCE_PRIVATE_ADDRESS_BLOCK: 'false'
in my docker-compose.yml, and create a query datasource which fetches data from an api, i still bump into:

Error running query: Can't query private addresses.

Have you stopped your containers and restarted them after making this change to your yml file?

yes, I have re-deployed :slight_smile:

Wait…did you put this exact string into your docker-compose? The environment variable is called: REDASH_ENFORCE_PRIVATE_IP_BLOCK.

The private setting (used internally by Redash) is called ENFORCE_PRIVATE_ADDRESS_BLOCK. But it’s value is taken from the environment variable called REDASH_ENFORCE_PRIVATE_IP_BLOCK

So your docker compose should say:

REDASH_ENFORCE_PRIVATE_IP_BLOCK: 'false'
1 Like

@jesse brilliant, thank you

Where can we find a list of legal env variables accepted by redash?

In theory it should be in our docs but that page is not well maintained.

Otherwise, they are all set in the settings/__init__.py file, which is fairly easy to inspect.

1 Like

@jesse 1.000.000 thanks