I tried the cloud hosted redash version which worked great and had every feature we need
in our company. So I started to set up the open source version of redash.
I was able to get it running on Debian 10 (Buster) and was able to login. As I tried to connect our oracle Database, I saw there is no oracle data source available. After some research I found out, that this isn’t included out of the box in the self hosted version and needs to be added manually.
Sadly I didn’t find any documentation, which were describing the installation step by step. There was always something missing. I used the following tutorial: https://gist.github.com/linhmtran168/ec0757a487a83a1fc5c5d3188af81874
The steps I did:
- I downloaded the newest version of redash and extracted zip to /opt/redash
- I unzipped everything in the same folder
- I made the new folder oracle/ and downloaded the newest Version of the oracle instant clienz zips to this folder (version 188.8.131.52.0, basic, sdk, sqlplus)
- I started the setup script, without the setup_compose() function (we use a proxy so I had to make some changes but it worked.
- next steps were the same as in the tutorial because the docker-compose.yml was not working, I used the official one from the redash github repo.
Sadly there are a lot of errors while installing the docker build but I can’t understand what to to in the next
Can someone tell my, what steps to do, that I’m able to use the oracle data source on Debian 10?
I’m absolutely stuck but we would love to use redash in our company.
Thanks a lot.
- Redash Version: 7.0.0
- Browser/OS: Debian 10
- How did you install Redash: Downloaded zip and started setup.sh