BigQuery is not listed in datasource type since v2.0.0


#1

I was able to select BigQuery on datasouce type redash v1.3.
But, I upgraded redash v2.0.0 from v1.3, BigQuery is not listed in datasource type since v2.0.0.

Do I need any settings for BigQuery in Redash v2.0.0?


Updated from 1.0.3 to 2.0 and now Google Analytics and Sheets are missing as data sources
I cant find BigQuery in datasource v3.0.0+b3134
#2

You need to upgrade the following Python packages:

google-api-python-client==1.5.1
oauth2client==3.0.0

(sudo pip install -U google-api-python-client==1.5.1oauth2client==3.0.0)


GoogleAnalytics and SpreadSheet are not listed in datasource type since v2.0.0
#3

Thank you for immediate reply! I resolved it.


#4

I had the same problem - at least with Analytics - I’ve updated the google api and the oauth client per the requirements and still don’t have analytics - I do have BigQuery though… any ideas?


#5

Try opening the shell:

cd /opt/redash/current
sudo -u redash bin/run ./manage.py shell

And type the following:

from oauth2client.service_account import ServiceAccountCredentials
from apiclient.discovery import build
from apiclient.errors import HttpError
import httplib2

Does any of them fail?


#6

Same thing with me. On my test system, the update went throught, and manually forcing the right versions on the dependencies made Google BigQery and Spreadsheets work correctly.
But on my production system, I have Googel Spreadsheets working, but not BigQuery.
In the celery log I read:

[2017-02-28 12:55:25,393][PID:1152][WARNING][redash.query_runner] BigQueryGCE query runner enabled but not supported, not registering. Either disable or install missing dependencies.

Testing in the shell, I get:

Python 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2
App: redash
Instance: /opt/redash/redash.2.0.0.b2990/instance

from oauth2client.service_account import ServiceAccountCredentials
from apiclient.discovery import build
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/apiclient/init.py”, line 19, in
from googleapiclient import discovery
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/googleapiclient/discovery.py”, line 53, in
import uritemplate
ImportError: No module named uritemplate

import httplib2

So I have an issue with >>> from apiclient.discovery import build

I updated to the latest google-api-python-client 1.6.2 (as this was done on the test environment, before rolling back to version 1.5.1)

sudo pip install --upgrade google-api-python-client
Successfully installed google-api-python-client-1.6.2 oauth2client-4.1.2 uritemplate-3.0.0

and now BigQuery and Spreadsheets both work perfectly (most probably uritemplate was the issue. My test system shows Version: 0.6 whereas my production now shows Version: 3.0.0, both are working but I don’t know what was registered before the google-api-python-client update).