Issue Summary

I upgraded my installation of redash from version 6.0.0 to 8.0.0 following the how to upgrade guide (https://redash.io/help/open-source/admin-guide/how-to-upgrade) one by one mayor semantic version at the time and migrating the database as well for each version, almost everything seems to work correctly but under System Status → Queries Queue the cancel button for In progress queries is no longer there, this used to be important in my workflow as some times I needed to prioritize another query in the queue, did I miss something in my upgrade process or is this an expected behavior? if this is expected, is there any plan to bringing this button back in the future?.

Thank you

Technical details:

• Redash Version: 8.0.0
  • Browser/OS: Chrome 90.0.443.212
  • How did you install Redash: Using Docker, self managed
1 Like

I don’t think the cancel button was included in the migration from Angular to React a couple years ago. @levko any idea why?

1 Like

I went to see the code and found that the cancel button component is still there in version 8.0.0

and it was being used still in version 6.0.0

but on version 7.0.0 this view section was replaced with an admin celery status component that doesn’t have it

so I guess this answers my question

1 Like

That looks right to me. You can still cancel jobs with the API. The button just isn’t there. Maybe we should add it back?

1 Like

That would be amazing as there are features from the new version that I would like to try, I hope this is possible in the future, thank you so much for the support :slight_smile:

Best