Issue Summary

Hello,

I’m reporting an issue regarding the none existence of the Salesforce data source and others such as Google Spreadsheet, which are supposed to be available but don’t appear as of today.

We thought that the problem was that we had to upgrade our version of Re:Dash to 7.0 , but after doing so, nothing changed.

What can we do ? I created a trial account and the sources are there, so what are we doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Andrew

Technical details:

• Redash Version: 7.0.0
  • Browser/OS: Chromium Version 73.0.3683.86
  • Hosted on AWS EC2

How have you installed Redash? What you’re seeing is what would happen if you didn’t have the required python modules installed for Salesforce. But I see that requirements_all_ds.txt contains simple_salesforce==0.72.2 - so perhaps you’ve not installed those requirements?

have the same problem, I install redash by using AWS EC2 AMI,
then realized I need to install simple_salesforce, but may I ask how I can install that? given that I use AWS EC2 AMI for the installation, searched for few hours and have no clue…

update1:
I tried to go to the docker and run pip install -r requirements_all_ds.txt but encounter permission error, so I try to use sudo, but I dont know the password for sudo…

update 2:
tried to create a free trial account in redash website, and it has the same problem as my hosted redash

Thanks in advance.

Very odd that hosted Redash also doesn’t show the data source. I just checked our instance and I see it there.

sorry I mis-understood the topic before, what I encountered in both self hosted & redash cloud is below error message.

Connection Test Failed:

Resource Not Found. Response content: [{u’errorCode’: u’NOT_FOUND’, u’message’: u’The requested resource does not exist’}]

I also test if I have the wrong login credential, so I tried a wrong password intentionally, then system shows “INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.”, so I think my password is correct.

I understand. Secondary question: are you able to use the Salesforce API using their Workbench Tool? Not all Salesforce accounts have access to the API. If you try to access the API when you don’t have permissions for it then you will receive that error.

Yes, I can use the salesforce API, I also built some web application using their API before.

I also checked account activity, it has active session which comes from redash (XXX.XXX.XX.XX is the IP of my self-hosted redash)

|SOAP Partner|United States|XXX.XXX.XX.XX|12:22 AM|Other Apex API|Active Session|

and from the login history page in salesforce,
status is Success for my self-hosted redash

After another few hours of study, including the source code of simple-salesforce, I figured it out.

For API version, I used to input 45, and it needs to be 45.0
what a stupid mistake for me, hope no one will repeat the same mistake :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for posting your solution!