Hello, I’m a newbie with Docker overall. Was able to pull the image by running docker pull redash/redash, but when I run it with docker run redash/redash it keeps giving me error below. I’ve tried several things including re-installing gunicorn to no success.

Here is excerpt of the error:

Error 99 connecting to localhost:6379. Cannot assign requested address.
ConnectionError: Error 99 connecting to localhost:6379. Cannot assign requested address.
[2019-03-21 21:37:45 +0000] [17] [INFO] Worker exiting (pid: 17)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/gunicorn”, line 11, in
sys.exit(run())
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/app/wsgiapp.py”, line 74, in run
WSGIApplication("%(prog)s [OPTIONS] [APP_MODULE]").run()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/app/base.py”, line 203, in run
super(Application, self).run()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/app/base.py”, line 72, in run
Arbiter(self).run()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/arbiter.py”, line 231, in run
self.halt(reason=inst.reason, exit_status=inst.exit_status)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/arbiter.py”, line 344, in halt
self.stop()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/arbiter.py”, line 393, in stop
time.sleep(0.1)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/arbiter.py”, line 244, in handle_chld
self.reap_workers()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/arbiter.py”, line 524, in reap_workers
raise HaltServer(reason, self.WORKER_BOOT_ERROR)
gunicorn.errors.HaltServer: <HaltServer ‘Worker failed to boot.’ 3>
[2019-03-21 21:37:46 +0000] [14] [ERROR] Exception in worker process
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/arbiter.py”, line 578, in spawn_worker
worker.init_process()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/workers/base.py”, line 126, in init_process
self.load_wsgi()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/workers/base.py”, line 135, in load_wsgi
self.wsgi = self.app.wsgi()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/app/base.py”, line 67, in wsgi
self.callable = self.load()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/app/wsgiapp.py”, line 65, in load
return self.load_wsgiapp()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/app/wsgiapp.py”, line 52, in load_wsgiapp
return util.import_app(self.app_uri)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/util.py”, line 352, in import_app
import(module)
File “/app/redash/init.py”, line 75, in
reset_new_version_status()
File “/app/redash/version_check.py”, line 34, in reset_new_version_status
latest_version = get_latest_version()
File “/app/redash/version_check.py”, line 40, in get_latest_version
return redis_connection.get(REDIS_KEY)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/client.py”, line 880, in get
return self.execute_command(‘GET’, name)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/client.py”, line 578, in execute_command
connection.send_command(*args)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/connection.py”, line 563, in send_command
self.send_packed_command(self.pack_command(*args))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/connection.py”, line 538, in send_packed_command
self.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/connection.py”, line 442, in connect
raise ConnectionError(self._error_message(e))
ConnectionError: Error 99 connecting to localhost:6379. Cannot assign requested address.
[2019-03-21 21:37:46 +0000] [14] [INFO] Worker exiting (pid: 14)

Technical details:

How’d you go with this, did you get it figured out?

The initial part of the error message there, seems to indicate some problem with your Docker setup:

Error 99 connecting to localhost:6379. Cannot assign requested address.
ConnectionError: Error 99 connecting to localhost:6379. Cannot assign
requested address.

If you’ve managed to fix whatever was causing that, then Redash should (in theory) be ok to install.

If you haven’t though, that’ll be the first thing to investigate. I’m not personally in-depth enough with Docker on Ubuntu to assist… maybe someone else here has suggestions, or there might be a better place to ask?

The Docker Community forums seem like they’d be a reasonable spot: https://forums.docker.com/c/open-source-projects/de :slight_smile:

You can’t run the Docker container on its own as it has other dependencies (Postgres, Redis, etc). There is a Docker Compose file you can use. See instructions here: https://redash.io/help/open-source/setup#-Docker.

Oh, good point. Completely forgot about that setup.sh script for Ubuntu.

That should definitely work. :smile:

Thanks guys! Yes, my docker seems to have initial issue with installation. I re-install docker, follow the setup.sh script and it is working now. Currently I’m stuck with connecting through SQL with adaptive error message. I’ll poke around and create another thread for that if I’m stuck. Thank you once again!

1 Like