Hi,

I have written a query which is close to 200 lines and added some visualizations. The query and the visualization works fine. But i recently realized that when i try to edit the query, the code gets hidden in a split of a second. The issue is with only this particular query, other queries are accessible & editable.

I have tried checking all options like unpublish, fork etc., but cant unhide the code.

Do you see any errors in your browser console?

Which version of Redash are you using?

Hi Jesse,

I don’t see any errors. Except the code of this query, all others are completely visible, accessible & editable.

Version : 8.0.0+b32245 (a16f551e)

Regards.

Hi @jesse,

I am seeing the same behavior on some of my team’s queries.

I checked the console log and React appears to be throwing the following error:
Maximum update depth exceeded. This can happen when a component repeatedly calls setState inside componentWillUpdate or componentDidUpdate. React limits the number of nested updates to prevent infinite loops.

Thanks,
Wyatt

Hi @wyatt welcome to the forum!

Which version of Redash are you running?

@jesse Thanks for the lightning quick reply!

We are running Redash v8.0.0.

Is this an issue that is solved with an upgrade?
Besides upgrading, is there a known fix to solve on v8.0? This appears to only affect a couple of queries, but I have yet to investigate the root cause.

We don’t have any steps to reproduce this error. So it’s not clear whether upgrading to V10 will fix it or not. I’d encourage anyone to upgrade from V8, though, since it’s no longer supported and is vulnerable to a few CVE’s which are patched in the latest release.

If the issue is limited to a specific group of queries it seems likely that something about the query text causes a crash. There’s just not enough information to say for sure.

Some debug steps you can try:

• Copy the text of the queries from Redash’s metadata database. Is there anything in common between the two queries that fail? If you don’t have access to the metadata database directly you can also extract the query text from your browser’s network inspector when the query screen loads.
  • If you paste the text of one of these queries into a brand new query window, does it also crash the query editor?