Hi,

I want to put a HTML <a> tag link in a particular dashboards, which leads to another closely related dashboard. I am wondering if this is possible with redash?

Thank you!

Hi,

You can do it in many ways. One of the easiest should be adding a TextBox to your dashboard and writing a link using Markdown syntax.

:wink:

1 Like

You can also use the advanced table visualization options to incorporate database returns into your links.

Suppose the following query lets you search for customers by name.

SELECT
  customer_name,
  customer_id
FROM customers
WHERE customer_name LIKE '%{{ search_term }}%'

You can customize the table visualization to point customer_id at a customer data dashboard. Perhaps the link would be something like:

${APPLICATION_ROOT}/dashboards/customer_dash?p_customer_id={{ @ }}

The {{ @ }} references each row’s customer_id.

The visualization will now include links to the customer_dash dashboard that pre-populated the correct dashboard parameter.

1 Like

Does Redash have documentation for APPLICATION_ROOT? After quick google search it looks like it comes from flask?

That’s pseudo-code. If your’re using hosted Redash then your application root is your organization slug.

/your-organization/dashboards/customer_dash?p_customer_id={{ @ }}

If you self-host at redash.yourdomain.com then your application root is just /.

/dashboards/customer_dash?p_customer_id={{ @ }}

There’s no magic here. It’s just how your browser reads URLs.

1 Like

Is it possible though, if I have a funnel for example. In the first step I have 60 customers and I want to insert a hyperlink ‘60’ to a dashboard that shows the information of those users?

Right now you can insert links on tables and dashboard text boxes. You can’t add links to the visualizations. I would make a table that appears beside your funnel with links to the relevant dashboards.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions!

How can you reference a data from a different column?
let say I have a Sql query that runs Customer and Customer_ID. I want my HTML5 link to display “Customer” as text and name of the link but I want “customer_id” to be included in the link like https://mywebsite/customer/(Customer_id)

the {{ @ }} tag only reference the value associated to the column we are editing…

thanks

Just replace @ with the name of the column whose value you want.

{{ customer }}

1 Like