Issue Summary

On Ubuntu 18.04, running a local Postgres 11.3 installation. The docker image up and running. I’m trying to add the locally hosted Postgres as a data source, but it gives the error Could not send startup packet: Resource temporarily unavailable on connection test.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this. I’m able to connect to postgres using psycopg2 in the python console.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Technical details:

• Redash Version: v9.0.0-beta - 2020-06-11
  • Browser/OS: Ubuntu 18.04
  • How did you install Redash: Docker

This is typically a firewall or network connection issue. You mentioned you can connect from the Python console. Is that inside the Docker container? You might need to add a definition to your Dockerfile if you want to run Redash on the same physical hardware that runs your postgres database.

1 Like

I figured this out. I was using the incorrect host IP address. It should have been 172.17.0.1.

I ended up moving the redash client to our dedicated web-server and set up a port-forwarded connection. If you plan on doing this make sure to bind the host-ip in the forwarding command, ex.
ssh username@remote.server.com -N -f -i /path/to/ssh_key -L 172.17.0.1:2383:127.0.0.1:5432

1 Like