AWS ca-central-1 installation
AWS Public IP added to Azure DB Firewall

Testing connection to Azure SQL server results in this error message:

Cannot open server “1433” requested by the login. The login failed.DB-Lib error message 20018, severity 20: General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server DB-Lib error message 20002, severity 9: Adaptive Server connection failed

NOTE: I also try connecting to an AWS RDS SQL DB that results in this Connection test error:

Connection Test Failed:
Unknown error occurred while performing connection test. Please try again later.

Can you provide some insight please.

Followed this:
When entering the username you need to make sure it’s of the form: user@server-name . Where server-name is your server address without the .database-windows.net suffix.

Now getting this:
Reason: Login failed due to client TLS version being less than minimal TLS version allowed by the server.DB-Lib error message 20018, severity 20: General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server DB-Lib error message 20002, severity 9: Adaptive Server connection failed

1 Like

What version of TLS does Azure SQL Server require?

At present, we support TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2
as per:

What version of TLS did your Redash attempt to use?

Also how did you install Redash and what version is it?

version 8.0
ca-central-1 [ami-0071deaa12b66d1bf]
Not sure how to determine the version of TLS used.

The TLS version attempted should appear in the detailed logs from your database server.

Minimum TLS was set at 1.2 now minimal is 1.0 and getting this message:

Connection Test Failed:

DB-Lib error message 20018, severity 20: General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server DB-Lib error message 20002, severity 9: Adaptive Server connection failed

connecting to AWS RDS I get:

Connection Test Failed:

Unknown error occurred while performing connection test. Please try again later.

I’m not able to reproduce this error. Have you tried with Redash V10 (the latest release)?

I googled your error and came up to this google groups thread which seems highly relevant to your scenario (connecting to SQL Server).

V10 introduces the new pyodbc based Query Runner for SQL Server which fixes many of the issues with the pymssql client in V8.