Hey I have created the redash dashboard and have to change the date range to 4th July to 10th July. Everytime I update the dashboard using this date range and reopen it, the date range goes back to the previous week of 27th June to 3rd July, and then again I have to update the date range and refresh the dashboard. Is there a way to resolve this so that I don’t have to do it each time I open the dashboard?

Welcome to the forum!

Is there a way to resolve this so that I don’t have to do it each time I open the dashboard

Short answer: yes but not easily.

More complicated answer: the reason it reverts is that each parameter has a default value. It doesn’t remember the last value you used. It just uses the default. The default value of a parameter is the value that was used the last time you saved the query. To change the default value, you visit the query page, change the parameter value, and then save your changes.

In the case of dashboards this causes complexity because multiple queries can use the same parameter. So which query do you have to save to change the default on the dashboard? The answer is the first query that was added to the dashboard.

And unfortunately, there’s no way currently to tell which query was added to the dashboard first. So you have to use trial and error.

The fix for this would be to store default parameter values on the dashboard object. This hasn’t been implemented. It will continue to be a pain point until we do.