Is there a way to change the format of the date? I want to change it from dd-mm-yyyy to mm-dd-yyyy

You can configure the default (global) data format under Settings (icon in upper left-hand corner) -> Settings (tab) -> General -> Date Format. Or just edit the URL to having just “/settings/organization” after the http://sitename:[port] part of the URL.

You can also specify the presentation format for not only for dates but all data types on a per-column basiss. While editing a query, click on the “Edit Visualization” button below the data results being displayed.

I think though you may be asking about dates as an input parameter rather than their output. I would think that changing the global default would also determine the input format for dates throughout the system. Or perhaps the column-level format defines that, or both.

If you are asking about the format of input parameters, it might help if you gave an example of where you want that input format to be different (e.g., a parameter input field for a parameterized visualization?).

2 Likes

changing the global default would also determine the input format for dates throughout the system

this is not the case, changing the global default through REDASH_DATE_FORMAT and also in settings
doesn’t change the way Redash formats the dates on the query before the request. it defaults to iso with hyphens.

is there a way at the moment to change the input format on the date parameter?

This is currently not possible, but we do want to support it. You can track this issue:

1 Like