Defunct scheduled celery

Hi All,
we are using redash v7 in our company as an analytics tool , i am facing an issue with the auto refresh queries.
The queries doesn’t refresh sometimes by themselves, while debugging i got to know that the celery which runs for the scheduled tasks gets stuck and sometimes one of its threads gets converted to zombie process(defunct). Also, it stops writing the logs.
So when I restart the process , the issue gets resolved and after some hours it again reoccurs.

We observed similar behavior on our end. It required an automatic kicking machine to fix which led us to replace Celery entirely with RQ. This will come out in Redash V9 (release date TBD).

This recent thread might help with your use case til then: