Hi all, I’m following the Docker Compose section at http://docs.redash.io/en/latest/setup.html. Sadly, I fail at step 5:
(default) :heavy_check_mark: ~/src/git/redash/setup/ubuntu_docker/files [master|:heavy_check_mark:]
17:12 $ docker-compose up
files_redis_1 is up-to-date
files_postgres_1 is up-to-date
files_redash_1 is up-to-date
Starting files_nginx_1

ERROR: for nginx Cannot start service nginx: invalid header field value “oci runtime error: container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused “process_linux.go:359: container init caused \“rootfs_linux.go:53: mounting \\\”/opt/redash-docker/nginx/nginx.conf\\\” to rootfs \\\”/var/lib/docker/devicemapper/mnt/2d2b8288e6e3189c817e0762202732229ff901536fe0553ec47f16318e53dcf2/rootfs\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/devicemapper/mnt/2d2b8288e6e3189c817e0762202732229ff901536fe0553ec47f16318e53dcf2/rootfs/etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf\\\" caused \\\“not a directory\\\”\""\n"
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
(default) ✘-1 ~/src/git/redash/setup/ubuntu_docker/files [master|✔]

Any clues? Ubuntu Xenial, Docker 1.12.3.

I have some documentation patches ready to submit, but first I’d like to get a working install. :slight_smile:

Did you use this Docker compose file as reference?

No, according to my interpretation of the docs, I was using the file in setup/ubuntu_docker/files/docker-compose.yml. I copied the root docker-compose-example.yml to setup/ubuntu_docker/files, and then I was able to make progress. I’ll update my doc patches accordingly, but shouldn’t one of the .ymls in git be deleted? It’s confusing.

That documentation seems a bit off - they’re using ‘docker-machine ls’ at one point, but it’s not clear that the docker-compose commands are being aimed at a remote server or on the server itself. Usually there’s a eval $(docker-machine env ) to set environment variables that tell the following docker commands to go execute on a remote machine.

Unless ‘gcloud compute’ does all that?