Hi there!

So far I’m trying to setup redash locally by using this guide.

But (as usually if I’m writing in this helpful forum) I’ve encountered a problem: At step “Install Node Packages” I get the following error message:

PS G:\redash> yarn --frozen-lockfile                                                                  yarn install v1.22.10
$ cd viz-lib && yarn link --link-folder ../.yarn
yarn link v1.22.10
success Registered "@redash/viz".
info You can now run `yarn link "@redash/viz"` in the projects where you want to use this package and it will be used instead.
Done in 0.09s.
[1/5] Validating package.json...
error redash-client@11.0.0-dev: The engine "node" is incompatible with this module. Expected version "^14.16.1". Got "16.13.0"
error Found incompatible module.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/install for documentation about this command.

Which confuses me, because at the beginning its said the “Install Node.js (14.16.1 or newer(!) …”

What am I doing wrong? I really appreciate your help! Thanks

Hey there! Sorry for the super late response here. The issue is how the redash package.json is specified. The carat ^ doesn’t mean any version greater than 14.16.1. It means any version greater ore equal to 14.16.1 but less than 15.x.x.

Since you are using version 16.13.0 which is greater than 15.x.x it throws this error.