Issue Summary

Hey, I’m new to redash. I have just installed redash on my server, but there are features like dashboard sharing using embeddings, only table widget is available in dashboards, is there any feature restrictions in self-hosted versions? if not then how can I fix this ?

Technical details:

• Redash Version:6.0
  • Browser/OS:chrome/ Linux
  • How did you install Redash: docker

Hi there. Are you sure? When adding a widget try searching something. More querys should appear…

All the features of the hosted product are currently available in the open source version as well. When you’re adding a widget to a dashboard you need to select which visualization to include. It defaults to the table visualization, but you can select any of the others from the drop down that appears.

@jesse here you can see the embeddings options is missing at the top right corner 32%20PM|690x377

@jesse have a look at the image, only option available is a table (visualization )

rectified image

That’s pretty strange… I have v6 self-hosted and I see all visuals:

@dncpax are there any migrations or steps that I’m missing that could have caused this problem?

I really don’t know… if you just installed a fresh v6 there are no migrations right?
But if you upgraded, according to https://redash.io/help/open-source/admin-guide/how-to-upgrade,
you have to run database migrations:
docker-compose run --rm server manage db upgrade

I would try to create a new query with a viz, and try with that on a newly created dashboard…

@dncpax, as you can see in the screenshots there is only table widget that is available to use

I’m sorry if this seems a strange question, but did you create the chart visualization in the query definition? (before adding to dashboard)
Can you show the query screen?

1 Like