Hi,

I’ve successfully set up redash through docker following this instruction:

The problem comes when I go to http://localhost:5000/. I was able to see the login screen (some pictures seem to be maybe missing?) and login, but then I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 2463, in call
return self.wsgi_app(environ, start_response)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/werkzeug/middleware/proxy_fix.py”, line 232, in call
return self.app(environ, start_response)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 2449, in wsgi_app
response = self.handle_exception(e)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask_restful/init.py”, line 269, in error_router
return original_handler(e)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1866, in handle_exception
reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/_compat.py”, line 39, in reraise
raise value
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 2446, in wsgi_app
response = self.full_dispatch_request()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1951, in full_dispatch_request
rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask_restful/init.py”, line 269, in error_router
return original_handler(e)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1820, in handle_user_exception
reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/_compat.py”, line 39, in reraise
raise value
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1949, in full_dispatch_request
rv = self.dispatch_request()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1935, in dispatch_request
return self.view_functionsrule.endpoint
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask_login/utils.py”, line 261, in decorated_view
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/app/redash/handlers/static.py”, line 32, in index
return render_index()
File “/app/redash/handlers/static.py”, line 16, in render_index
response = send_file(full_path, **dict(cache_timeout=0, conditional=True))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/helpers.py”, line 629, in send_file
file = open(filename, “rb”)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/app/redash/settings/…/…/client/dist/index.html’

I’ve googled around and a solution that seems to be suggested is to include the following in docker-compose.yml, but I already have it as default.

POSTGRES_HOST_AUTH_METHOD: "trust"

Any suggestions? The problems seems to be related to flask or wsgi?

@svanton Any solution for this? I’m getting the same issue on 5000.

This was such a long time ago I don’t remember for sure anymore. I think the solution may have been to make sure the postgres and redis servers starts first by using the “depends on”.

x-redash-service: &redash-service
  image: redash/redash:latest
  depends_on:
    - postgres
    - redis
  env_file: red.env
  restart: always

seems that you didn’t build npm package. Try to run following on your host within redash repo folder:

npm install --no-optional
npm run build
2 Likes

If anyone else comes here for the same error, this fixes it ^^^

1 Like

We see a similar issue of **F[ileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/app/redash/settings/…/…/client/dist/index.html’].

We followed the docker based development guide https://redash.io/help/open-source/dev-guide/docker and after : npm install, npm run build, npm start. Starting the localhost:5000 and setup, we get the error.

Let us know if you are able to resolve or any suggestion.

• Node Version: v16.11.1
  • NPM Version: v8.0.0
  • Browser/OS: Deploying o Mac OS Big Sur
  • How did you install Redash: v10 code from github and followed the development guide (npm install, npm run build, npm run start)

Hi,
you can fix this issue? Please give me some solution. i have the same problem when i install redash on centos 7.
Thanks!

Hi @hungpq what steps have you followed so far? Redash switched to yarn so the old npm commands don’t work (the linked instructions above have been updated for awhile).

Hi Jesse,
i installed

1 Like

That looks fine so far. The next step per this document is to run these commands:

docker-compose up -d
yarn --frozen-lockfile
docker-compose run --rm server create_db
yarn build

What happens when you do these?

when i use command yarn --frozen-lockfile, it shows as picture

The error message is telling you exactly the problem. You are not using the right version of node. You can use a tool like nvm to manage which version of Node is used.

when i use command yarn buil
i have problem, please give me solution for this error.

That error is from node, not from Redash. I’d suggest googling for the error code to determine causes. It seems like you might not have enough RAM on your machine, although that’s a complete guess on my part.

Also, did you install the correct version of node?

i use node version v14.16.1
RAM: 2GB
Please correct if i wrong

Node version looks good :slight_smile:

2GB of RAM is really low, especially for doing builds. If possible use 4GB. Also don’t take my word on that error code: google it to see what’s causing it and how to correct it.

Thanks for your support. I will try a few different ways
:smiley: