Issue Summary

Frontend server is not getting built for frontend server using npm run build

A summary of the issue and the browser/OS environment in which it occurs.
Currently we have planned to test redash beta version internally since we are facing major issues with previous version. While doing npm start we are getting following issues :
{ Error: Cannot find module 'babel-plugin-module-resolver' from '/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/viz-lib' at Function.module.exports [as sync] (/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/node_modules/resolve/lib/sync.js:58:15) at resolveStandardizedName (/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/files/plugins.js:101:31) at resolvePlugin (/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/files/plugins.js:54:10) at loadPlugin (/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/files/plugins.js:62:20) at createDescriptor (/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:154:9) at items.map (/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:109:50) at Array.map (<anonymous>) at createDescriptors (/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:109:29) at createPluginDescriptors (/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:105:10) at plugins (/home/ubuntu/redash-v9/redash/node_modules/@babel/core/lib/config/config-descriptors.js:40:19) code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }

Technical details:

• Redash Version: v9.0
  • Browser/OS: Ubuntu 16.04
  • How did you install Redash: Using latest github repo

Have you run npm install?

Yes have done npm install Still alot of packages are crashing and some need to be installed externally as errors are being thorwn

Something sounds pretty wrong here. What version of Node do you have? What do you mean by installing package externally?

Currently we are using npm version 6.4.1 and node version v10.15.0.
By externally installing package here I meant while running npm run build We were getting dependency issues and tried to install the same as build was breaking some of the examples of modules that we installed were :
npm i --save-dev @types/dompurify npm i --save-dev @types/leaflet npm i --save-dev @types/numeral npm i --save-dev @types/plotly.js
Not sure what exactly is going wrong though.

Hi @k4s1m can you please help with the following issue it has been quite long for this ticket to be open.

I’d recommend starting from scratch. If the error continues, please share the exact steps you followed to get there. What you’ve described sounds like an issue with your environment, rather than the Redash repo.