How to Add DynamoDB to my Redash

From Redash home page i see one of the supported Data source is DynamoDB. Could you please throw more light on how to configure DyanmoDB to Redash?

You need to make sure that:

1. You have a recent enough version (v0.11).
  2. That you have installed the needed Python dependencies.

Could you please through more light on this? I believe there is more configuration to be done to use the right vpn details

What are the python dependencies. I installed redash using the install script downloaded from the redash site.

Not sure what the install script does, but you need not only to (pip) install the requirements.txt but also the requirements_all_ds.txt (“all datasources”). With that you get all “missing” datasources like dynamodb, mysql, influxdb, etc …

hmm just saw in another thread that you (@chiddu) obviously solved you question yourself. Why don’t you help others by answering you question yourself then ?

No, I have not solved it. I think it has something to do with the connectivity. all the required packages have been installed, I verified that.

I getting a Connection Test Failed when try to connect to DynamoDB

Failed 254007: The certificate attached is not for OCSP signing.
I’m running in AWS instance
Redash 1.0.3+b2850

There was another user having this problem, but I couldn’t reproduce it. How did you setup Redash?

@arikfr I am having similar issue. I am using AWS AMI.

Connection Test Failed: 254007: The certificate attached is not for OCSP signing.

After installation is there any setup is required?

I’ve just received the same - brand new AMI (1.0.1+b2833). This happens on both queries and when testing the data connection. This box is in a VPC with a private IP address (but access to the internet).

[2017-05-10 14:43:18,480: WARNING/Worker-9] Unexpected error while running query: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/redash/redash.1.0.1.b2833/redash/tasks/queries.py", line 421, in run data, error = query_runner.run_query(annotated_query, self.user) File "/opt/redash/redash.1.0.1.b2833/redash/query_runner/dynamodb_sql.py", line 100, in run_query result = engine.execute(query if str(query).endswith(';') else str(query)+';') File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dql/engine.py", line 965, in execute pretty_format) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dql/engine.py", line 292, in execute result = self._run(statement) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dql/engine.py", line 307, in _run return self._select(tree, self.allow_select_scan) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dql/engine.py", line 446, in _select desc = self.describe(tablename, require=True) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dql/engine.py", line 251, in describe desc = self.connection.describe_table(tablename) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dynamo3/connection.py", line 370, in describe_table 'describe_table', TableName=tablename)['Table'] File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dynamo3/connection.py", line 222, in call data = op(**kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/client.py", line 228, in _api_call return self._make_api_call(operation_name, kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/client.py", line 481, in _make_api_call operation_model, request_dict) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/endpoint.py", line 117, in make_request return self._send_request(request_dict, operation_model) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/endpoint.py", line 146, in _send_request success_response, exception): File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/endpoint.py", line 219, in _needs_retry caught_exception=caught_exception) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/hooks.py", line 226, in emit return self._emit(event_name, kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/hooks.py", line 209, in _emit response = handler(**kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 183, in __call__ if self._checker(attempts, response, caught_exception): File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 250, in __call__ caught_exception) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 265, in _should_retry return self._checker(attempt_number, response, caught_exception) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 313, in __call__ caught_exception) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 222, in __call__ return self._check_caught_exception(attempt_number, caught_exception) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 355, in _check_caught_exception raise caught_exception OperationalError: 254007: The certificate attached is not for OCSP signing.

I am getting this too when I try to add a dynamo data source.

I had this error got it working by upgrading snowflake-connector-python

@binary upgrading snowflake-connector-python solved your DynamoDB issues or you had the same error with a Snowflake connection?

When adding a DynamoDB data source I got the Failed 254007: The certificate attached is not for OCSP signing. error. Upgrading snowflake-connector-python fixed the error.

@binary is correct the problem is indeed caused by the snowflake-connector :unamused: You can either upgrade it, or add to your .env file:

export REDASH_DISABLED_QUERY_RUNNERS="redash.query_runner.snowflake"

And then restart all Redash services. This will prevent Redash from loading the Snowflake connector.