Hello,

I have searched about my problem but can not find anything that can be used for my purpose so any help is appreciated.

Basically I have a postgresql DB connected as data source and it contains a very large table that stores logs of different projects. The projects are separated with project_id’ and I have placed a dropdown list in my query to get the results that belong to specific projects.

Now what I would like to do is to limit the parameters a different user can see because the dashboard will be shared with different project managers and they have to be restricted to see only the logs that belong to their project_id’s.

I thought I can do this if I get the parameters with a query based dropdown list which can return project_id’s that belong only to the active user but in order to do that I need to have a parameter that belongs to the current user or group. Is this possible? Is there another way to achieve the same result?

Thanks for the help!

Cavlan

An additional question that might help me:

Can I set a static parameter’s value through URL?

Following this comment, I believe the best option not to maintain several dashboards is to use a Dashboard Parameter with the randomized short id. There is the con of having the parameter in the page, but I believe the usability can be improved by using something not so random as the id (in case you are afraid of people changing that and getting empty results).