Issue Summary

I have ubuntu version on aws, with redash running since many months. Now i want to add python as datasource to run python scripts and visualization in redash.
Can you please advise specific commands to run and place where I run.

Entire docker was cloned, but the redash instance is not on docker. I can see requirements file docker file docker-response configuration…yml files…

I have added redash new source thkng in .env. but need rest of the steps to run…

1. Python.
  2. Adding pandas, matplotlib, seaborn.

Thanks,
Narasimha

Technical details:

• Redash Version:
  • Browser/OS: mac, chrome
  • How did you install Redash: i didn’t…but i assume someone copied docker content but followed unbundu specific installation instructions… Last year sepetember.

Thanks
Narasimha

And I also need specific instructions for adding python packages. Can I add anything which is in Ubuntu python package, or should I pip install packages from any folder…

This folder has docker files but it is not a docker container or console…

If you run Redash on a pre-baked AMI instance, you can write settings to /opt/redash/current/.env and sudo supervisorctl restart redash_server to refresh it.

After adding python datasource settings, you can specify additional python packages which is installed by Ubuntu package and pip in python datasource settings page.

Thank you… this is helpful. I have one more question on visualization. I’ll start a new thread for that.

Thanks,
Narasimha

when use sudo supervisorctl restart redash_server_1 to refresh env file
get this error redash_server_1: ERROR (no such process) .
what shall i do ??? @kyoshidajp
thanks

Please try the following commands.

sudo supervisorctl reread
sudo supervisorctl reload

It looks like the old cache was read.