#I am new to Redash. This is my first project using Redash. However, I have a unique situation that requires installing Redash on secure Ubuntu OS on premises. I am using Presto and SQL Server database in the backend. Due to the security concerns for the data the installation would only be permitted to be installed on Ubuntu server located on the school’s secure network. How can I go about installing Redash v9 on standalone Ubuntu server?

Thanks!

Ken

Just to point out, you could install Docker on that Ubuntu server, then install Redash using the “standard” docker installation on that.

That would keep everything securely on that server, inside the schools’ secure network.

1 Like

@justinclift is right. I don’t see anything out of the ordinary with your requirement. Redash is available as a Docker container. Run the Docker container on your secure server is the answer.

If it’s the first time for you to install Redash, highly recommended that using docker for installation. Otherwise, you will spend a lot of time solving dependency problems

Is there a Vmware or Virtual box installed download for Redash v9?