Summary:

If the link in a visualisation targets the same URL and only modifies query parameter values (i.e. p_ GET parameter variables), although the address in the URL bar updates, the page does not actually load values from the new parameter value.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a query with a query parameter, which will appear in the URL like so: /queries/123?p_foo=bar

• Get URL template to self refer, i.e.: /queries/123?p_foo={{ other_field }}

• Uncheck Open in new tab

Generate a link from the results that points to an alternative parameter value, e.g.:

/queries/123?p_foo=baz

When clicking in query results, note that although the value changes, the page does not reload with the new value.

Workaround:
Refresh the page after clicking the link. This will force the browser to reload the app and hence the new parameter value will be used to fetch query results.

Cause:

I guess that the client-side app logic is somehow aborting the page redirection because such parameter values are expected to coincide with other local events. However, this would obviously be a great feature, to be able to dynamically redirect to other ‘views’ of the query result set based on updating these values from links.

1 Like

This is a good bug report. Would you mind opening an issue against getredash/redash?