###Tried to build frontend as per redash document on local .
I cloned the release/10.0.x branch

getting error while running

yarn --frozen-lockfile

following error came

tsc --emitDeclarationOnly
sh: 1: tsc: not found
npm ERR! file sh
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall spawn
npm ERR! @redash/viz@1.0.0 type-gen: tsc --emitDeclarationOnly
npm ERR! spawn ENOENT
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the @redash/viz@1.0.0 type-gen script.

After few testing the error says as below

tsc --emitDeclarationOnly
src/visualizations/table/Renderer.tsx:125:9 - error TS2578: Unused ‘@ts-expect-error’ directive.
125 // @ts-expect-error ts-migrate(2322) FIXME: Type '{ key: any; dataIndex: string; align: any; s… Remove this comment to see the full error message
Found 1 error.
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 2
npm ERR! @redash/viz@1.0.0 type-gen: tsc --emitDeclarationOnly
npm ERR! Exit status 2
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the @redash/viz@1.0.0 type-gen script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

A summary of the issue and the browser/OS environment in which it occurs.

i was able setup release/9.0.x & master branch successfully on this latest branch is having some issue with my local

Technical details:

• Redash Version:10.1.0
  • Browser/OS: chrome
  • How did you install Redash: developer installation doc (Advanced)

Please let me know if anyone can help me with this?

@Midhusree were you able to fix this problem? I am experiencing the same issue.

I’m happy to help try debugging.

What version of yarn and node are you using on which operating system? Which version of Redash?

I made it work in a virtual machine in azure so I am good now. The build process on Mac M1 is painful.

There is a pull request open right now which turns building on M1 into the same process as on x86.

If you’re willing to share what version of yarn and node you used that would help us improve this experience for others as well.

[edit] I’m planning to merge that PR tomorrow, so I’d like to make sure it would fix your use-case if at all possible :pray:

Yarn version: 1.22.19
Node: v16.15.1 (I have nvm so I can try v14 as well)

Can you send me please the M1 mac branch I can try it on my computer and let you know.

Please note that Node 16 is definitely not supported. You must use Node v14. If you’ve been trying with 16 it’s unsurprising it didn’t work for you.

Your yarn version looks fine.

Here’s the pull request: Install python dependencies one-by-one. Don't exit on failures. by susodapop · Pull Request #5788 · getredash/redash · GitHub

With this change I’m able to build using node 14 and yarn 1.22 without any modifications. I’ve been developing without issues for the past few weeks with this exact setup (about two dozen pull requests).