So first post and inmidiately a “request”… I know it’s not that neat. But i think this dash has some great potential. We have been playing for a week with it and it’s almost addicting.

Anyhow herewith the request; Set parameters in Alert.

I think this should be possible when you handle a query as a sort of template, fill in the parameters and then when saving the alert. The query is saved as “alertquery” for solely use it in that particular Alert. In this manner non technical colleagues would have the possibility to set alerts on simple things. Like a status change in a salesproject, production order, all those thing are one off alerts but can be set daily for a new particular value.

I already use the toggle trick to have many possibilities without the need to maintain many queries, but they can’t be used in Alerts.

If alerts were available for parameterized queries would this solve your use-case?

It would. I cannot expect a user to modify and make a query. I doubt if i would even allow it, a wrong query could take ages to perform.

I can explain them they have to fill a few parameters to get notified on an important matter.

Are parametrized alarms in the roadmap? I cannot think on an easy solution on how to implement them, but clearly there is a need to improve the alarms

I don’t know if it’s on the roadmap.
One possible way to do it: schedule a parameterized query to execute with a given set of a parameters. Then attach an alert to that execution.

1 Like

Any plan for this feature? I find it quite tedious when I have like 30 product need to alerts, and have to create 30 query, only different on product code for that.
At least is there anyway I can can automate the process to create query then alert?