Issue Summary

Although our self-hosted redash has worked in the past, we are experiencing an issue where we execute a query within redash but it is kept in status “query in queue”. Something is blocking our query queue within redash and we can’t find out why - please see screenshot below. Anything we can do?

Technical details:

• Redash Version: 7
  • Browser/OS: chrime
  • How did you install Redash: docker

Here’s the line in the source that generates this message. waiting is the default status for query results. So all we know is that the query runner doesn’t return results and doesn’t fail.

Which data source is this?

Have you checked the Redash logs for errors?

hello @jesse , there is also often a “query in queue”, so I would like to know exactly how and in which logs i need to look to get more information. at least I want to learn how to receive all events with the appearance of “query in queue”

Well you can start by checking the system status in Redash. As long as your an admin you can see a panel that shows the current queues and how many queries are in them, number of workers etc. Just visit admin/status

Thank you! Does the field “manager.queues.celery.size” or “manager.queues.queries.size” or some other answer directly for the fact “query in queue”? If there is more detailed documentation than https://redash.io/help/open-source/admin-guide/maintenance, please share