Query parameters via URL

Hey peeps

I’m creating a set of dashboards for people in my company to have insights into how Customers are using our product.

Our Sales Team would like to have a direct (custom) link from Salesforce Accounts straight to a dashboard in Redash. The dashboard should be filtered to display information about that specific Customer.

I’m hoping I’d be able to pass the Salesforce ID as a parameter to the dashboard via the URL, but can’t find how to. I’ve looked at both the query parameters and query filters documentation but can’t find an example of how to get it done.

What am I missing?

Hi!

Yes, this is possible using query parameters:

1. Create your queries/visualizations using a parameter that filters the data using the Salesforce ID.
  2. Make sure to use the same parameter name in all queries (i.e. {{salesforce_id}}).
  3. In Parameter Settings make sure to check the “Global” checkbox.

Now when you use these visualizations on a dashboard, it will have a single Salesforce ID parameter that controls all these visualizations.

Assuming the parameter name is salesforce_id as in the example above, to pass the value from the URL, you will add p_salesforce_id=... to the dashboard URL. I.e.: https://app.redash.io/acme/dashboard/customer-view?p_salesforce_id=123.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Awesome stuff, mate.

Worked like a charm.