Issue Summary

A summary of the issue and the browser/OS environment in which it occurs.

Technical details:

• Redash Version:6.0.0+b8536 (4780bd9c)
  • Browser/OS: Ubuntu 16.04
  • How did you install Redash: Legacy Build Process (Dockerfile)

Hi Team,

I’m receiving following error while upgrading/migrating DB for redash-7.0.0 from redash-6.0.0

bin/run ./manage.py db upgrade
bin/run ./manage.py db migrate

Above both steps gave me the same error attached in the screenshot.

What could be the possible issue ??

That error comes from Alembic. It can’t find a specific migration script.

Here’s a list of the migration scripts for Redash V7. I don’t see one with that hash, though.

What steps have you taken so far during your upgrade?

1 Like

How " 020-04-15 01:09:36,881:INFO:root:Configured event logger of type <class ‘superset.utils.log.DBEventLogger’>
INFO [alembic.runtime.migration] Context impl SQLiteImpl.
INFO [alembic.runtime.migration] Will assume transactional DDL.
ERROR [root] Error: Can’t locate revision identified by ‘f9a30386bd74’"

How can I fix this , please is it possible to show step by step. I am not a python developer.

Can you share any details about your installation? What steps have you taken so far? Have you spoken with whoever set up your instance?

Yeah sure, I installed it using the apache installation. which is given on their website. I wasn’t able to install it a long time before so I started again, and deleted the folders which were made earlier, which were also incomplete. So I decided to start my downloading from scratch again and this showed up. the error is from alembic, so I did a little research and I guess , the database path is not update or its not pointing to the data base

error" qlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (sqlite3.OperationalError) no such column: datasources.cluster_name
[SQL: SELECT datasources.created_on AS datasources_created_on, datasources.changed_on AS datasources_changed_on, datasources.id AS datasources_id, datasources.description AS datasources_description, datasources.default_endpoint AS datasources_default_endpoint, datasources.is_featured AS datasources_is_featured, datasources.“offset” AS datasources_offset, datasources.cache_timeout AS datasources_cache_timeout, datasources.params AS datasources_params, datasources.perm AS datasources_perm, datasources.datasource_name AS datasources_datasource_name, datasources.is_hidden AS datasources_is_hidden, datasources.filter_select_enabled AS datasources_filter_select_enabled, datasources.fetch_values_from AS datasources_fetch_values_from, datasources.cluster_name AS datasources_cluster_name, datasources.created_by_fk AS datasources_created_by_fk, datasources.changed_by_fk AS datasources_changed_by_fk
FROM datasources ORDER BY datasources.datasource_name ASC
LIMIT ? OFFSET ?]
[parameters: (500, 0)]
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/e3q8)"

This is what it shows when I click on druid data sources UI

Please Guide me

Any updates sir???

I’m not familiar with your installation source. For best results you should use the instructions in our documentation here.

It sounds like you named your own issue already: the database URI is incorrect and you need to set one.

thanks for the response , How can I set database URI , my installation source is Apache website.

Sorry, I don’t know what source that is. It’s not something we maintain. You haven’t given any real information about how you installed Redash so there’s not much else to say :man_shrugging:t3: