hello

I try to install redash in a Debian or Ubuntu virtual machine (which is a lxc proxmox container)
and I always get these errors below when starting redis and postgres services

I guess it might come from the container ? Is there a workaround to make redash works in a lxc container?

thanks for help
Maurice

%%%%%% trace %%%%
docker-compose.yml 100%[===================>] 1.05K --.-KB/s in 0s

2022-07-21 07:40:24 (41.1 MB/s) - ‘docker-compose.yml’ saved [1076/1076]

Starting redash_redis_1 … error
Starting redash_postgres_1 …

ERROR: for redash_redis_1 Cannot start service redis: b’failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting “proc” to rootfs at “/proc”: Starting redash_postgres_1 … error

ERROR: for redash_postgres_1 Cannot start service postgres: b’failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting “proc” to rootfs at “/proc”: mount proc:/proc (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0xe: permission denied: unknown’

ERROR: for redis Cannot start service redis: b’failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting “proc” to rootfs at “/proc”: mount proc:/proc (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0xe: permission denied: unknown’

ERROR: for postgres Cannot start service postgres: b’failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting “proc” to rootfs at “/proc”: mount proc:/proc (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0xe: permission denied: unknown’
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
%%%%% end of trace %%%%

This error isn’t specific to Redash. Have you tried Googling it? There appears to be a solution here that involves modifying the Dockerfile. It would be helpful to know what other debugging steps you’ve tried.

yes you’re right the problem is specific to docker when running in a lxc container
the first solution which works is to create a KVM virtual machine in proxmox… so the VM is better isolated from the host an docker runs successfully
but I will let you know if I find the good docker configuration with a LXC container
bye thanks
Maurice

1 Like