Hi Guys - I would like to know if there is a sample response to deny (with proper error message) services (presto in my case) which I can use to respond to new query request generated. If any please help me, also point me to code if possible.
Thank you
Salman

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you’re asking for. Can you explain more what is your need?

Hi Jesse
what will redash show on query page when it gets response as 429 TOO_MANY_REQUESTS and some message in payload

That depends on what exception pyhive raises when a 429 is returned. Since the presto query runner uses pyhive to run these queries. The best move forward is to try it and see what happens. If you don’t like the error message that appears, you can modify the query runner to explicitly catch 429 responses. We’re happy to merge such a change into master if you open a pull request.

Since we don’t use presto on the core team the project relies on community contributions to implement these changes. I’m happy to answer questions along the way if you get stuck though :smiley:

thanks Jesse for clarification - as of now I am okay with how Redash show a UI message but would surely like to contribute in future
thanks again

1 Like