Finally a new major release! You can review the full CHANGELOG, but some highlights of this release:
- Direct Athena data source type (no more need for the Java proxy ).
- New MemSQL data source type and updates/fixes to the MySQL, Google Analytics, Presto, MongoDB, Cassandra, JIRA, TreasureData, InfluxDB, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, and BigQuery data sources.
- New Plotly based Box Plot visualization along with improvements to the Pivot Table, cohort and counter visualizations.
- List parameter type.
- Friendly API key dialog for queries along with usage examples.
- Auto-publish queries when they are named (with option to disable; see #1830).
This release wouldn't be possible without the help of @mfouilleul, @dotneet, @rmakulov, @deecay, @fbertsch, @rockwotj, @alexanderlz, @laughingman7743, @ziahamza, @yamamanx, @miketheman, @eyalzek, @alexpekurovsky, @ahamino, @jvanegmond, @suemoc, @44px, @amarjayr, @unixwitch, @danielerapati, @yershalom, @msnider, and @alison -- thank you, everyone .
- Before doing an upgrade, please make sure you have a backup.
- If you have any issues, please refer to the troubleshooting section in the upgrade guide.
- If the upgrade guide doesn't help, you can ask for help on the forum.