Dear All,

I would like to run the query from fix date. For example the query starts at 08:00 and it will be refreshed every 30 minute. It will be run at 08:30, 09:00, 09:30 etc. Unfortunately I didn’t find any option in the UI.
Is there any settings in the UI? If possible, we can also change it through the redash’s database. Where can I find the last executed date in postgre database? I think it calculates the next execution date from the last executed date. Is it true?

Thanks,
A

Do you mean a refresh schedule for a Dashboard? If so, Redash doesn’t have a back-end dashboard refresh service.

You can schedule individual Queries to run every thirty minutes.

Queries: I would like to start query schedule from 8:00, not 8:08, every 30 minutes.

@jesse Can you help me the above question?

What happens when you schedule it to run every thirty minutes?

I understand your question better now.

What’s the use-case for this level of specificity? What difference does it make if the schedule executes at 8:08 vs 8:00?

Background

Refresh schedules are evaluated ever thirty seconds. This means that every thirty seconds, Redash checks whether any scheduled queries need to be executed. It does this by subtracting the most recent execution timestamp from the current time. If the difference is greater than or equal to the scheduled interval then an execution is enqueued. If the difference is less than the scheduled interval then the query is not executed.

This means that scheduling a query to run every thirty minutes means it will progressively execute later and later in the day. Because the query itself takes some period of time to execute (could be milliseconds or minutes). Query run-time isn’t deterministic so this can’t be avoided.

The guarantee a scheduled query makes is that the most recently cached result is never more than N + execution time minutes old, where N is the interval you pick.

I would like to compare two running system (own system vs Redash). I would like to change my own application to Redash but I want to make sure that two results will be same.

On the other hand I tried to refresh query with the refresh now function but the refresh schedule didn’t count from actual date but the original.

I’m sorry I don’t understand what this means. What is the issue?

As you mentioned above that the refresh scheduler use the last execution date. When I refresh the query in Queries with the refresh now function then the refresh scheduler didn’t use this last execution date.

I understand your point now. Let me check the source code and follow up with you.

Do you have any updates on this?

I have no update to share at this time.

Hi @jesse, Any updates?