Greetings, colleagues!

I have ReDash (Version: 7.0.0+b18042 (4a978bad)) a I’m faced with a restriction to sharing the dashboard to external clients (not users) with a secret link, and received the following notification: “Sharing is currently not supported for dashboards containing queries with parameters.”

Tell me, what is the reason for this restriction and when will this restriction be closed? Maybe updating to ver.8 can help?

This’s feature is coming in version 8. In previous versions, public parameters were disabled due to risk of SQL injection.

If I’m understand you correctly, all that I need its only to update my redash platform on ver.8??

Yes. v8 is currently in stable beta.

Thx a lot for a quick reply!

Hi,
I have the ‘Version: 8.0.0+b32245’, But still I am not able to share my dashboard publicly with the text parameter.
Could anyone please help me to resolve? Do I need to configure anything? Please suggest us!

Thanks,

Hi @MohanKumar, text parameters are not supported in embedded dashboard or parameters. All other types are allowed. This is covered in the query parameters video that was posted over the weekend:

hey @jesse, love the parameters!

i understand that text parameters are disabled for shared dashboards - i created mine with only dropdown list, date range, and number parameters but received the error message.

i then removed dropdown list so i only had date range and number parameters, but still received the error message. am i doing something wrong?

Can you double-check that no text parameters are used across your dashboard?

Sorry was being a noob… didn’t notice one of the parameters was text instead of value :joy:

1 Like

I’m seeing this same issue. Is there any parametric work-around if I want to take this “risk”?

I think this behavior is deprecated but it’s worth a shot: Support for Parameters in Embedded Visualizations