I can use the same data source to connect others BI tool and create query ,but when i try to use the same way to connect the redash, it report the error: schema refresh failed .Please try again later
and the Mysql data source use the standard interface

Can you tell me the solution or what is the problem?
thanks!

I have seen the same issue with the latest Redash code. Version 8.0.2 has no issues with the schema refresh.

It seemed that MySQL data source was able to get the schema refreshed once after the data source was added (all DB tables were shown correctly). Then after a moment it failed in the schema refreshing.

Data source itself is configured properly since all the new queries itself are working ok.

Looks like the issue could be related to the database schema caching somehow. If I disabled the caching logic then the bug will go away and the schema is visible in the UI.

data_sources.py

class DataSourceSchemaResource(BaseResource):

#refresh = request.args.get("refresh") is not None
refresh = True

Seems that the backend side was just a red herring. The actual issue I was facing was the frontend not getting build properly so the JS changes in https://github.com/getredash/redash/commit/100c7be5e0a23f5497e24a6f24630a086bc638a8 weren’t available and the cached schema case was failing as frontend didn’t support the non job based reply from Redash backend.

Then when building the frontend with npm start build I faced issue with missing babel-plugin-module-resolver . Is this something missing from the packages or could this be caused by some error I might have done with the environment setup or build?

1 Like

Thanks so much for following up with your solution!

What happens if you install babel-plugin-module-resolver? Does it work then?

1 Like

Yes, the build goes fine after installing that with npm.

It’s notoriously difficult to reproduce builds in NPM. You can update your package.json to include babel-plugin-module-resolver if that’s what it takes to make your builds work :smile: Glad you figured this out.

I am having the problem with redash v9 beta, unable to get schema of my postgesql table. I can run a query to get schema, but cant see it in right panel of the UI. Just happens to the postgesql db I added after upgraded to V9. Those data source added when I was using V8 is all good…
and I am using docker, any solution to that?