Snowflake connection is missing from the Redash Docker Version 8

Issue Summary

When trying to add new connection, Snowflake is not available.

Technical details:

I am running redash via the Published docker image for v8, in the previous version (v7) Snowflake was available by default.

• Redash Version: 8.0.0
  • Browser/OS: Chrome/Mac
  • How did you install Redash: Redash is running on Kubernetes using the official redash docker image redash/redash:8.0.1.b33387

Snowflake has never been enabled by default. Looking at step 21 of the image you’ll need to update this instruction to include requirements_all_ds.txt.

We enabled it in v7 or v8…

It might be a dependencies issue. We will check and create a new image if needed.

I looked through some of the version tags in GH but I don’t see the Snowflake connector included in requirements.txt or requirements_dev.txt. Only in requirements_all_ds.txt. I’m sure I’m missing something…

@arihantsurana forgot to mention: until we release a fixed image, you can use the 8.0 image. There is no difference between them that will be significant for you.

We install the requirements_all_ds.txt file when building the image.

Do you have an update on this? I’m new to Redash but would like to help if possible or at least get familiar with it.

See Arik’s response here:

forgot to mention: until we release a fixed image, you can use the 8.0 image. There is no difference between them that will be significant for you.

Thanks @arikfr I have deployed the image tagged 8.0.0.b32245 and it seems to work. I will look out for the updated image and roll forward, hopefully soon.