Issue Summary

I have a Postgres instance on Google Cloud Platform. I’ve downloaded the certificate files and I’d like to connect to it over SSL in Redash.
I’m using Redash image on GCP VM instance. It is working fine in prefer mode.
When I change ssl mode to verify-full it gives an error:
Connection Test Failed: root certificate file "/home/redash/.postgresql/root.crt" does not exist Either provide the file or change sslmode to disable server certificate verification.

There is no redash user on my VM so there was not any /home/redash directory. I created one by root user and put the files under /home/redash/.postgresql. Not working. I’ve changed the permissions on files and restarted server several times. No luck yet.
I think docker image is running by root user so /home/redash is an incorrect path to look for these certificates.
What am I doing wrong here? I couldn’t find any documentations or discussions regarding this simple problem. Any help is very much appreciated.

Technical details:

• Redash Version: 8.0.0
  • Browser/OS: Linux
  • How did you install Redash: redash-8.0.0 docker image on GCP VM instance

I don’t use GCE. But presumably the image is still running Docker. So the /home/redash directory isn’t on the VM itself but within the container. For this to work the certs need to be accessible to the worker containers.