Issue Summary

After setting up the email server config, no invites, reset password, or alerts are being sent. Trying manage.py test_email does send an email. Any hints for debugging

Technical details:

• Redash Version: 3.0.0 and 4.0.0rc1
  • Browser/OS: Chrome/MacOS
  • How did you install Redash: docker/kubernetes

I have the same problem…

When I run ./bin/run ./manage.py send_test_mail "gangliu6@iflytek.com", it is ok…

but, the Account Page display “It looks like your mail server isn’t configured. Make sure to configure it for the invite emails to work.”

you can start redash with shell,in the shell, you can add source .env;then it works.

I’m having the same problem but I’m running redash using AWS ECS…
All variables are set properly but it still can’t send any message (except test message).

Is it mandatory to have a .env file ? Shouldn’t it work only with the variables set?

Hi @fcordova, where specifically did you configure the email vars?

I have defined variables in the task definition (for AWS ECS) letting all of them to be set as environment variable in the container…

if I connect to the container and type set, they are all properly configured…

Notice, however, there’s no /opt/redash/current/.env file

I’m not 100% sure how this configuration is, but depending on your setup, if you just added it to the containers definitions (e.g: in docker-compose), make sure to have the variables available for all the services (server, schedule and workers).

Just found out what was wrong: the port configuration on worker had an invalid value. It worked fine after changing it and restarting the service.

Thanks !!!

can you give me command test mail with ./manage.py ? thank you very much !

please , can you help me with the same issue above ?

I have the same problem…

When I run ./bin/run ./manage.py send_test_mail “gangliu6@iflytek.com”, it is ok…

but, the Account Page display “It looks like your mail server isn’t configured. Make sure to configure it for the invite emails to work.”

Thank you very much !