I am running a fresh redash instance using bootstrap.sh, on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 on a Google Cloud instance.
Steps to Reproduce
- I set “REDASH_LOG_LEVEL=DEBUG”
- Trying to see all the logs in file /var/log/supervisor/redash_server-std*
- See logs only belonging to a certain log names
- I am interested in seeing the logs from /opt/redash/current/redash/query_runner/bigquery.py
- Following are the only types of visible logs
[INFO][root] [INFO][metrics] [DEBUG][root] [DEBUG][metrics] [DEBUG][redash.destinations] [DEBUG][redash.query_runner] [DEBUG][passlib.utils.compat] [DEBUG][requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool]
I expected to see all the types of debug log names in the log file.
- Redash Version: 3.0.0.b3134
- Browser/OS: Firefox/Ubuntu 16.04
- How did you install Redash: running bootstrap.sh from master repo
- Something unexpected is happening due to if settings.LOG_LEVEL != “DEBUG”: in line 33 of current/redash/init.py --> setup_logging()
- Python logging multiple modules logger not working outside main program
I would investigate this further but any help is greatly appreciated.
A copy of this issue is also published on github