HI

I am unable to add a widget to a Dashboard - none of the queries and created visualizations (e.g. bar chart) are available in the “Add Widget” menu.

This is a Redash install on a fresh install of ubuntu 16.04. The data is coming from postgres and the query and visualizations are created with no problems. They simply are not “available” when trying to add to a new dashboard.

Any ideas?

Mike

Right my fault - the query needed to be published.

Noob error!!

:joy:

Hi - I’ve just recently installed Redash and am experiencing what looks like a similar issue, but I’ve published my queries, the queries themselves work fine, but still they’re not showing up in the dropdown when I want to add them to a dashboard. I’m running this using Docker compose, no config changed, and having pulled the latest from git in the last couple of days. Please help!

All queries published:

But they’re still not showing up in the add widget dialog (even after refreshing the page, logging in/out, trying Safari and Chrome etc.).

Screenshot of the add widget dialog where no queries are showing up:
35 PM

Hi, the same is happening to me.

I’m running Docker compose like you, and I notice that Docker is reporting an error when you click on the “Add widget” button.

I suppose the query is not working because of the second error line: server_1 | [2018-07-20 08:37:23,095][PID:15][INFO][werkzeug] 172.19.0.1 - - [20/Jul/2018 08:37:23] “GET /api/queries/recent HTTP/1.1” 500 -

But I don’t know how to solve this issue :frowning:

Any help? Thanks!

These are the errors that I am getting from the terminal:

server_1 | [2018-07-20 08:37:23,017][PID:15][INFO][metrics] method=GET path=/api/queries/recent endpoint=recent_queries status=500 content_type=? content_length=-1 duration=94301.05 query_count=3 query_duration=10.66
server_1 | [2018-07-20 08:37:23,095][PID:15][INFO][werkzeug] 172.19.0.1 - - [20/Jul/2018 08:37:23] “GET /api/queries/recent HTTP/1.1” 500 -
server_1 | Traceback (most recent call last):
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py”, line 2000, in call
server_1 | return self.wsgi_app(environ, start_response)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/werkzeug/contrib/fixers.py”, line 152, in call
server_1 | return self.app(environ, start_response)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1991, in wsgi_app
server_1 | response = self.make_response(self.handle_exception(e))
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask_restful/init.py”, line 271, in error_router
server_1 | return original_handler(e)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1567, in handle_exception
server_1 | reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask_restful/init.py”, line 268, in error_router
server_1 | return self.handle_error(e)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1988, in wsgi_app
server_1 | response = self.full_dispatch_request()
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1641, in full_dispatch_request
server_1 | rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask_restful/init.py”, line 271, in error_router
server_1 | return original_handler(e)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1544, in handle_user_exception
server_1 | reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask_restful/init.py”, line 268, in error_router
server_1 | return self.handle_error(e)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1639, in full_dispatch_request
server_1 | rv = self.dispatch_request()
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/app.py”, line 1625, in dispatch_request
server_1 | return self.view_functionsrule.endpoint
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask_restful/init.py”, line 481, in wrapper
server_1 | return self.make_response(data, code, headers=headers)
server_1 | File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask_restful/init.py”, line 510, in make_response
server_1 | resp = self.representations[mediatype](data, *args, **kwargs)
server_1 | File “/app/redash/handlers/api.py”, line 41, in json_representation
server_1 | resp = make_response(json_dumps(data), code)
server_1 | File “/app/redash/utils/init.py”, line 89, in json_dumps
server_1 | return json.dumps(data, cls=JSONEncoder)
server_1 | File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 251, in dumps
server_1 | sort_keys=sort_keys, **kw).encode(obj)
server_1 | File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/encoder.py”, line 207, in encode
server_1 | chunks = self.iterencode(o, _one_shot=True)
server_1 | File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/encoder.py”, line 270, in iterencode
server_1 | return _iterencode(o, 0)
server_1 | File “/app/redash/utils/init.py”, line 85, in default
server_1 | super(JSONEncoder, self).default(o)
server_1 | File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/encoder.py”, line 184, in default
server_1 | raise TypeError(repr(o) + " is not JSON serializable")

I’m having the same issue as some of the above. All queries are published, but a few select queries are not showing up. I think it may have something to do with upgrading Redash versions. Since it seems it’s mostly some of the older queries. We started on Redash 3, and have since upgraded to 5.