Issue Summary

In the Query page when we set the “Refresh Schedule” to any value such as 10 mins or 15 mins etc. Then on the browser we get error “Query could not be saved” and the logs shows following error:

ValueError: Attribute ‘schedule’ does not accept objects of type <type ‘unicode’>

Any clue on this is highly appreciated.

Technical details:

• Redash Version: 7
  • Browser/OS: Chrome
  • How did you install Redash: Self hosted on Ubuntu Server

Hey @amit is this a fresh installation or after an upgrade to v7?

Hi @ranbena, this is fresh installation of v7. I had cloned it from the git. Though this clone didnt have the static files - whole “client” folder. I had copied the client folder from the version 6. May be this is the root cause. If it is then please recommend from where I can get the v7 specific “client” folder.

I had copied the client folder from the version 6. May be this is the root cause.

Probably.

If it is then please recommend from where I can get the v7 specific “client” folder.

The git repo has everything you need. We recommend installing the docker instance - follow these installation instructions https://redash.io/help/open-source/dev-guide/docker.

@ranbena thanks for the update. There was some issue in my docker installation so i moved to non-docker installation. While installing redash I had checked the Docker installation process and had checked it cloned the main code from the git repo. So thats where I cloned the repo. I have again checked the link you shared with me. It appears in the git repo there is no client folder. Do you have direct link to download the folder? Or specific path in Git?

Thanks for your wonderful support.

The reason for this error is incompatibility between your client (v6) and server (v7) versions.

If your clone was missing the whole client folder then it’s an issue with your local clone. You can see on GitHub, the folder is there.

Maybe it was missing the client/dist folder? This is expected as it needs to be built from the sources in git.

hi @arikfr, thanks for the clue. I am feeling stupid of not building it from the source. It worked.

Thanks @ranbena

1 Like