I am trying to start an open source instance hosted on GoogleCloud. I follow the guide here by using follow the steps for Google compute engine:
https://redash.io/help/open-source/setup and I can succesfully log in to the created instance using the IP. Then i follow the guide to upgrade to V10.
I follow the guide here: Release v10.0.0 · getredash/redash · GitHub
But step 7 never completes: docker-compose up --force-recreate --build
The log just loops and retries endlessly, the line: “postgres_1 | LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection with an open transaction” keeps reappearing and seems to the likely suspect.

I don’t know what the issue is and I just need to upgrade to V10 in order to use the migration tool. Thanks for any help!

1 Like

Have you tried stopping all of your services? docker-compose stop

Yes i tried that, no luck.

I’m going to see if I can reproduce this. I haven’t worked with GCP before. Could be something uniquely wrong.

Alright, so I just deployed a V8 AMI on GCE and upgraded it to version 10.1. Did not have any issues along the way. Took about ten minutes.

Can you please share your docker-compose.yml file? I think there is probably a typo in there.

Here is the docker-compose.yml file, i copy pasted everything:

version: “2”
x-redash-service: &redash-service
image: redash/redash:10.0.0.b50363
depends_on:
- postgres
- redis
env_file: /opt/redash/env
restart: always
services:
server:
<<: *redash-service
command: server
ports:
- “5000:5000”
environment:
REDASH_WEB_WORKERS: 4
scheduler:
command: scheduler
scheduled_worker:
command: worker
environment:
QUEUES: “scheduled_queries,schemas”
WORKERS_COUNT: 1
adhoc_worker:
environment:
QUEUES: “queries”
WORKERS_COUNT: 2
worker:
environment:
QUEUES: “periodic emails default”
WORKERS_COUNT: 1
redis:
image: redis:5.0-alpine
postgres:
image: postgres:9.6-alpine
env_file: /opt/redash/env
volumes:
- /opt/redash/postgres-data:/var/lib/postgresql/data
nginx:
image: redash/nginx:latest
ports:
- “80:80”
depends_on:
- server
links:
- server:redash

Is it necessary to setup mail configuration before upgrading? I didn’t do that if that explains it.

So there was a misunderstanding on my part. The command actually worked, when i Ctrc C:ed and continued with the next steps and logged in to redash it correctly showed V10. So it it’s supposed to be a never ending loop from that command that you are supposed to cancel, I expected it to terminate on it’s own and I thought the command just restarted and retried to finish each time.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your solution here. I’m glad it was something simple. I wonder if we should update those upgrade instructions though :thinking: