Some of our bigger pieces of interactions (Query Editor and Dashboard page) can’t be migrated to React, because they are blocked by the migration of visualizations of React. If to be optimistic this migration will take anywhere between 2-4 weeks to complete.

Instead of waiting for it, I was thinking of maybe it’s the time to give angular2react a try?

It only supports components and one-way bindings, so some changes to the current code will be needed. But from a quick look, they don’t seem that big.

@ranbena, @levko, @gabrieldutra wdyt?

Yeah I’d like to give it a try. Already migrated some of the dashboard grid functionality so it could be a good test case.

In the case of the dashboard grid it’s even easier because you only need the VisualizationRenderer component. Let me know if you need some help with understanding current code.

It certainly deserves a try :slight_smile:

It only supports components and one-way bindings, so some changes to the current code will be needed. But from a quick look, they don’t seem that big.

I hope so. If we get angular2react working fine, it can give us some time to work on other core parts of the migration

I would try to avoid using it as much as possibe, to make sure we don’t get lazy and keep some Angular code around :slight_smile: But in the case of visualizations, if it works, it’s definitely worth it.