I have same set of tables on 3 different redshift clusters for 3 different geographies. I want to build a single dashboard where users can change their data source and refresh dashboard based on what zone’s data they want to see. Doing this will help me to avoid copying same queries for different zones.

1 Like

I have the same request. I have a dashboard that has 27 queries with 5 different data sources, 1 Postgres, 1 DB2, and 3 SQL Server. However each of these 5 data sources have a dev, QA, and production connection and I want to run this dashboard against those 3 different environments without duplicating all 27 queries 3 times.

Any news about this? I have the same problem.

This isn’t possible from the UI, but you can hack it with the API. First, create data sources for your Dev, QA, and Production servers. Then use the API to swap the data_source_id for queries that power your dashboard.

If the changes are consistent, you could script this API interaction with a serverless function or even a slackbot. If your users regularly use the same browser (Chrome or Firefox) it would also be possible to code an extension to do the same thing.

Pinging you with the response above.