Dear Redash Team,
I’m trying to implement redash for reporting solutions and I have plans to create multiple users with different permissions.

For example

1. Super admin: Full Features (Manage Query, Dashboard, Alert, User, Permission, etc.)
  2. User 1 : Only Access Dashboard A
  3. User 1 : Only Access Dashboard B

I would like to ask how to provide dashboard access (Not Public Link) to users without giving permission to the main datasource.

Because after I tried, it turned out that every user who was intercepted. in order to access the Report must be given access to the Main Datasource which results in all data dashboards being accessed by any user.

Regards,
Andry

What you want is not possible with Redash’s permissions model.

Because after I tried, it turned out that every user who was intercepted. in order to access the Report must be given access to the Main Datasource which results in all data dashboards being accessed by any user.

This is correct.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your information,

Do you have any suggestions ?

Maybe you know how to show the export to excel feature in the public URL ?

Or how to call API if in my query using parameter ?

I haven’t looked at the code, but you can probably enable this with a small-ish code change. We’re happy to review a pull request implementing this behind a feature flag.

This is pretty straightforward. There’s an example of parameterised query execution here.