Does anyone know how to change user session timeout, right now if I log in, I stay log in for too long. Anyone had this issue and how did you configure the timeout?

Thank you in advance

/Viktoria

2 Likes

We still have not figured out how to tackle this issue, but redash is using Flask - Login so we assume the magic must lie somewhere in the code and we need to change setting on how flask login library is used

You’re correct: Redash uses Flask-Login. I’m pretty sure it has configuration options for this. You’re welcome to submit a Pull Request that exposes those options are environment variables (like we do for the rest of the configuration).

Thanks!

+1 to this issue. i find it very anoying losing queries changes because of losing the session.
And i am surprised not more people are affected by this issue.

Would also be interested in this, but in the other direction - we show dashboards on TVs and they log out each night. Would like to extend that to at least a week.

FYI.
This was implemented via Expire sessions after 6 hours of inactivity by rauchy · Pull Request #5159 · getredash/redash · GitHub :rocket:
Set the environment variable SESSION_EXPIRY_TIME to your liking. (The default is 60 * 60 * 6 (6 hours)

1 Like

Sorry for the wrong info. It should be REDASH_SESSION_EXPIRY_TIME